Thursday, February 11, 2010

Playroom Fun


Here are a few of the fun touches I added to the playroom. I wanted to go all girly but my son might not appreciate that too much when he gets a little older, so I tried to be more neutral.

The sign on the door is an old kitchen cabinet door I had. I painted the inside with chalkboard paint and the trim yellow. I added some fabric for the hanger.

I took some strips of fabric and wrapped it around simple baskets for a cute touch.

I had these festive balls from my very first year teaching, and I don't use them at school anymore so I put them to use at my house.

My favorite part is the wording on the wall. I covered big paper mache letters with cute paper and painted with matching colors around it.

2 comments:

  1. The balls are sooo fun! I've seen those in classrooms too...never thought of using them in a playroom.

    I'll be doing a Happily Home post tonight probably, so I'll definitely post a link about your new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogland!
    It is nice to meet you! Angie sent me over and I am glad she did!
    Many Blessings
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete